As a direct result of our success with Robotic Automation, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Automation Engineer with the necessary skill set to join our research and development team.
We work with various robot systems, so looking for candidates with very strong skills in pendant programming and robot integration. Our projects can be based on a variety of PLC platforms requiring strong ladder and structured text programming skills to the IEC standard.
The role will involve participation at all stages of the development process, from requirements capture through development, on site commissioning and testing.
We can promise a very varied set of projects – recent projects have included the development of robot grippers for pick and place applications in various industries, engineering of fish vaccination systems and full turnkey solutions in a number of areas from parts testing and inspection to robotic automation.
The role will include travel within Europe and other continents to fulfill project goals.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for engineering, who has a professional approach to projects and who can find solutions to unusual automation challenges.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Produce specification and cost analysis during outline designs.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to produce the most suitable controls solution for the project.
- Design and realise cost effective automated solutions.
- Plan and overseeing projects.
- Produce appropriate documentation for proposals and customer document packs.
- Actively develop the skills of other team members.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers throughout the project cycle.
- Proven experience in rolling out 6 Axis applications.
- Expertise programming PLCs to an advanced level.
- A high level of understanding in electrical principles and DC circuits.
- A high level of technical knowledge and the ability to apply this to practical problems.
- Experience of producing high quality, well formatted programs.
- Strong grasp of component selection for a wide range of application deployment.
- Hands on experience of assembly and test of automated solutions.
- Passport and willing and able to travel within Europe, America and China.
- · Experience with Kuka robotic systems.
- · Experience with Beckhoff and/or Omron PLCs.
- · Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
What we offer:
- Access to training and development
- Long-term prospects
- 34 days holiday entitlement
- Private health and wellness scheme
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £35,000.00-£50,000.00 per year based on a 37.5h week.
Job Type: Full-time